The Fulbright Specialist Program offers grants for a period of 2 - 6 weeks to collaborate with Finnish institutions on projects such as teaching and lecturing, curriculum and faculty development, institutional planning and a variety of other activities.
Applications for longer (5-6 weeks) visits are preferred, and shared applications by two or more Finnish institutions are encouraged.
For example, a Specialist may:
- Conduct needs assessments, surveys, institutional or programmatic research
- Take part in specialized academic programs and conferences in conjunction with other scheduled activities
- Consult with administrators and instructors of post-secondary institutions on faculty development
- Present lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Participate in or lead seminars or workshops at academic institutions
- Develop and/or assess academic curricula or educational materials
- Conduct teacher-training programs at the tertiary level
For more information, see Fulbright web page.