We are happy to invite you and your colleagues to EMECS’11 – Sea Coasts ’XXVI Joint Conference “Managing Risks to Coastal Regions and Communities in a Changing World”.
Main topics of the Conference:
- Coastal systems and their dynamics (from coast to water and from water to coast);
- Coastal erosion and dynamical processes in the nearshore zone;
- GIS & marine spatial planning;
- Climate change in the changing world. Coastal adaptation to climate change;
- Construction and exploitation of hydraulic engineering structures and dredging in the coastal areas;
- Study and monitoring of coastal and marine ecosystems;
- Approaches to and issues of processes in the coastal areas modelling and monitoring;
- Interactions between coastal zone and the open sea: impact on the ecosystems;
- Ecological sensitivity of coastal areas: anthropogenic loads and natural disasters;
- ICZM – case study and new experience;
- Sustainable use and development of coastal resources: effective management and approaches;
- Legal and political issues of enclosed coastal seas management;
- Human resource and indigenous dimension of enclosed coastal seas management.
Deadline for “early bird” registration is 15 March, 2016
In the framework of the Conference a Students and Schools Partnership Meeting (SSP Meeting) is planned.