One of the main priorities of the development of the Far Eastern University is Arctic, with the localization of "Eastern Arctic."
To implement this priority vector at the university in November 2014 created the International Research and Education Center «R & D-Center" Arctic "(hereinafter - the" Arctic "ISEC).
The structure ISEC "Arctic":
- Design Bureau "Stroitel".
ISEC "Arctic" realizes the following strategic position of development programs and programs to improve the competitiveness of FEFU:
- The formation of research institutes and centers for the benefit of large companies or consortia of companies to carry out fundamental and applied research at the expense of extra-budgetary resources, to ensure comprehensive monitoring of advanced scientific research and technology in the promising areas of development of the University and medium-term forecasting on all promising directions of development of the University;
- The creation of research centers, provide a unique name for the university for a number of subjects, the internal mechanisms of the University and its units, designed to support the conduct of individual and collective research and participation in scientific activities.
Before ISEC "Arctic" the following main objectives:
- Anticipating scientific and technological foundation for the application of the Arctic research;
- Scientific and technical foundation for the problem-oriented applied research and development activities, including those aimed at:
- Development of methods for assessing the impact of ice formations;
- Development of methods of analysis and prediction of the safety of offshore engineering structures (MIS);
- Development of methods and means of calculating the balanced MIS security indicators;
- Development of technical (engineering, software, process) making structures of monitoring systems;
- The design, simulation, prototyping and experimental studies of technical (design, programming, technical) solutions, manufacturing models, models, experimental models, prototypes of new types of products, processes and equipment;
- Implementation of applied research and development works for the purpose of establishing offshore facilities (technological procedures, the system measures the advance production of qualitative and quantitative information about the time and place of a possible man-made disasters, nature and extent of the associated hazards and the assessment of damages);
- Infrastructure, transport and logistics projects of the Northern Sea Route.
Main research areas ISEC "Arctic":
- Conceptual design and feasibility study of oil and gas projects on the shelf;
- Oil-producing stationary and mobile systems;
- Technology for submarines and surface oil-producing facilities;
- Underwater research system.
- Security monitoring construction sites and critical infrastructures on the shelf ..
The main expected results are:
- Improvement of the qualitative composition of the scientific and scientific-pedagogical staff, improving the efficiency of training highly qualified personnel for research, education and other sectors of the economy;
- Development of education, science and innovation;
- Creation of a modern laboratory facilities for training, research and production activities.
- Creation of a system of information-analytical exchange between Russian and research and educational institutions, industrial enterprises in the construction of hydraulic structures, offshore development;
- Participation of international organizations in research and education projects in the framework of agreements with partners from member states - the Arctic Council, the formation of an effective mechanism for establishing partnerships;
- Organization of international conferences, forums and exhibitions for educational services and new technologies in education;
- Assistance in attracting foreign citizens in Russian universities for the training programs of higher education, postgraduate, doctoral programs and retraining construction of hydraulic structures, for development of the shelf of the Arctic region;
- Assistance in the organization of international consortia for the implementation of joint research projects with subsequent commercialization of the results.
- Formation of integrated research and education process, the development of innovative technologies in education;
- The involvement of experts from the production of teaching and NIRS management;
- Conducting research on topical problems of designing, construction and operation of infrastructure Far East Federal District, including engineering structures of the continental shelf;
- Accelerated implementation of R & D and innovation in manufacturing, wide attraction of students to participate in research and development;
- Involvement in the innovation process the vast majority of faculty, staff, graduate students;
- Ensuring the unity of educational, scientific and innovative processes and their focus on the training of highly qualified specialists;
- Creation of conditions for the involvement of scientists, teachers, students in the innovation process, the use of innovative activity of the university to improve the quality of training;
- Implementation of continuous product innovation life cycle - from basic and applied research to the production and sale of high-tech products;
- The commercialization of knowledge and invention, technology transfer;
- Training in the development and implementation of innovative technologies.
The structure ISEC "Arctic":
- Design Bureau "Stroitel".
Scientific Laboratory on Ice Research.
In accordance with the Energy Strategy of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020 the development of oil and gas deposits on the shelf of the Arctic, Far Eastern and southern seas - one of the most promising directions of development of the raw materials industry base. But the bulk of the Russian shelf, promising for oil and gas, accounts for the freezing of the sea ice with severe regime. Mastering the waters of the Arctic and Far Eastern seas in difficult meteorological conditions require creation of corresponding unique technologies and equipment, which are characterized by high costs, environmental hazards, material capacity and responsibility. In this connection there is the problem of ensuring reliability of these structures at a sufficiently high level in terms of safety and reduce risk in the development and exploitation of hydrocarbon deposits on the Russian shelf.
In the course of studies in the laboratory results will be achieved in the field of improvement and refinement of research techniques regulatory ice formations (including hummocks and icebergs) with the help of underwater technologies for stress analysis on the design of offshore platforms and subsea production system on the shelf of freezing seas. The proposed formulation of the problem will provide the distribution of ice loads on the hummocks and fields for various return periods of ice conditions, which are the basis for assessing the reliability of marine engineering structures on the shelf a sudden and gradual failures.
Scientific Laboratory for Design of Marine Engineering Structures
The development of the continental shelf, particularly in the Far East and the Arctic seas, requires significant capital investments in the construction and operation of the hardware development of ocean resources. An integral part of the shelf development systems are structures of coastal infrastructure. Building reliability assessment techniques and economic feasibility of the design decisions are justified applied research, which is the main direction in the field of construction of structures and underground coastal infrastructure is to examine and correct use of collaborative structures and the surrounding soil. The laboratory has consistently made of the material and instrumental base, allowing to carry out experimental research to the scientific and technical support to major projects development of ocean resources, which is an integral part of the study, design, construction and operation of structures interacting with the ground. In particular, the findings will be used in the analysis of the design decisions in the design, construction and operation of oil and gas production facilities on the Russian shelf.
Laboratory on Simulation of Complex Engineering Systems
The purpose of the lab - fundamental and applied research in the development of numerical and numerical-analytical methods, software and algorithmic support and implementation of computer-aided design, monitoring and integrated high-tech raschet¬no theoretical and experimental study of stress-strain (and other) state, strength, reliability and security of critical energy facilities, grazh-soci- and industrial construction.
Educational Research and Production Laboratory of New Materials
The main theme of the laboratory research is focused on:
- The use of different types of concrete for marine engineering facilities in the Arctic;
- The use of composite materials in the construction and fittings, including a AZRF.
The aim is to provide adequate protection from abrasive effects of GBS drifting ice formations (flat and hummocky fields, hummocks) through the use of special wear-resistant concrete that will be several times cheaper than the use of expensive steel protective zones. However, while the world has not been developed wear-resistant compositions of hydraulic concrete, as well as its production technology and styling, to ensure the stability of the properties of concrete across the surface of the structure, subject to the abrasive resistance. It is with such combinations of properties of concrete in the world does not exist, which is a unique achievement in the world.
New manufacturing and laying of concrete technology will improve production standards, raise the level of quality of the concrete, which will affect the level of construction quality and therefore on the level of safety of operating plants. The forecast of socio-economic efficiency of the expected scientific and technological results of the laboratory concerns the expected significant impact on the structure of production and consumption of special concrete in hydraulic engineering.
Design Bureau "Stroitel"
The design bureau engaged in designing buildings of various types, arctic structures. The team is using advanced computer-aided design, combines computer and experimental design methods. Payment methods allow widely varying structures and parameters to choose the best solutions.
Final inspection of the solution is carried out experimentally using modern test equipment and measuring instruments. At the same time carried out the development and implementation of systems of scientific and technical examination of objects based on computer technology
The main scientific and technical idea, proposed for commercialization in the framework of the design bureau, is to build and operate the system operational expert and consulting services, which is based on a modern complex of scientific knowledge about the reliability, able to transform this knowledge into applied engineering techniques, which are based on the compu ¬ternyh technologies implemented in the support tool for operational decision-optimal management and production decisions.
|Institution||Far Eastern Federal University|
|Infrastructure type||Research centre/institute|
|Language of operation||Russian
FEFU research centers are available for external users upon prior request.
FEFU Vice President for International Relations Office:
Phone: +7 (423) 265−22−24
B643 Office, Bldg. 20, Ajax St.,
Vladivostok, Russky Island, Russia