The 8th MARPART conference will highlight policy development within maritime preparedness and response in the Arctic and discuss capacity and competence issues related to large scale SAR and oil spill recovery operations in the maritime Arctic. The conference is part of the MARPART projects.
The conference will among others focus on:
- Arctic agreements and institutions on emergency response
- Mass evacuation and SAR operations at sea in the High North
- The management of complex operations in icy waters – MIRG
and oil spill response
- Emergency management and competence for key personnel
- Training and exercise for the Arctic environment
As part of the Conference, an emergency management exercise Exercise “Icefjord” will be arranged at NORDLAB – the NORD University emergency management laboratory.
The conference is organized by NORDLAB and the High North Center at the Nord University Business School and Marpart-consortium partners.
The conference will also include participants from the UArctic Thematic Network on Arctic Safety and Security.
Registration deadline is August 15, 2019.
For more information and to register, see here.