The UArctic Congress assembles UArctic meetings and a science conference into a single gathering. The UArctic Congress 2020 is organized jointly by UArctic’s Icelandic higher education members: University of Akureyri, Bifröst University, University Centre of the Westfjords, University of Iceland, Reykjavík University, Iceland University of the Arts, Hólar University College, and Agricultural University of Iceland.
The UArctic Congress 2020 is part of Iceland’s Arctic Council chairmanship program, and highlights its themes and priorities:
- Arctic Marine Environment
- Climate and Green Energy Solutions
- People in the Arctic
The UArctic Congress 2020 will feature science and meeting sections, including:
- Sessions led by UArctic’s Thematic Networks and following the themes of the Icelandic chairmanship
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts
- Key UArctic leadership, governance and program meetings
- Side meetings and parallel events
- An exciting cultural and social program
The UArctic Congress brings together institutional leaders, indigenous representatives, academics, scientists and students from around the Circumpolar North and beyond. It is an excellent platform for all UArctic members to engage with each other and promote cooperation in circumpolar science and higher education. Together with partners, policy makers and other actors, the UArctic Congress strives to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic.