ARCTIC INTERACTIONS (ArcI) is a strategic research profile of the University of Oulu due to its academic strengths and links with the natural resource community in the Oulu region and in Finland. The University of Oulu has long traditions in Arctic research in different faculties that is closely grouped into ArcI research themes.
The following guidelines and principles have to be taken account while applying a visit grant:
- The Research visit corresponds to a period (the length can range from a week to six months (24 weeks)) which the applicant will carry out research work related to the Arctic research in an organisation abroad.
- The Visit grants will be awarded for postdocs, university researchers and professors.
- The Visit grant can be used in conference travel grants for arctic conferences only when the applicant has other duties (like chairmanship) than a presentation during the conference. Similarly when attending the project preparation event the role of the applicant must be at least at the level of work package leader.
- The visit grant must be applied before the visit with cooperation with both host and sending unit.
- The grant must be used for the purpose for which it is awarded. Changes to the use of the grant are not allowed after it has been awarded.
- Previous visit grants awarded by the ArcI profile action will also be taken into account during the decision process.
The amount of the grant is a fixed support 245€/week plus travel costs (max 1000€) when an outgoing visit and for incoming visitors outside UniOulu max 1000€ travel costs plus 1000€/week (1-2 weeks) or 2400€/month following the instructions of the Academy of Finland. No applicant will be awarded more than one grant in a given year. Grants are never awarded retro-actively: they must be applied for before the trip.
There are no application deadlines for visit grants but the call is open continuously. Grants will be decided by Arctic Interactions Management Group.