The aim of this action is to gain a better understanding on the sources, transport, distribution and impact of plastic pollution. The main areas for research activities should include:
- Sources of plastic pollution to different environmental compartments;
- Transport and pathways of plastics into and through different environmental compartments;
- Occurrence and distribution of plastic across all environmental compartments;
- Accumulation, including in soil and the food chain;
- Degradation mechanisms for different plastic materials under range of environmentally conditions;
- Physical and chemical effects of plastic pollution on different biotic and abiotic environments.
For more information, see the Call in Funding & Tenders Portal.