The Fulbright Specialist Program welcomes participation from a wide array of institutions, including universities, non-governmental organizations, cultural centers, and medical facilities. Host institutions/organizations can design collaborative projects in over 20 eligible disciplines, including education, business, law, environmental science, journalism, and public health.
The Program encourages host institutions to tailor projects to their own needs, however, all projects should have an education or training focus. Due to the short-term nature of the exchange, projects should have concrete objectives that can be achieved over the course of the Specialist’s visit. Past Specialists have supported host institutions by conducting activities such as:
- Conducting needs assessments, surveys, institutional or programmatic research
- Taking part in specialized academic programs and conferences in conjunction with other scheduled activities
- Consulting with administrators and instructors of post-secondary institutions on faculty development
- Presenting lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Participating in or leading seminars or workshops at academic institutions
- Developing and/or assessing academic curricula or educational materials
- Conducting teacher-training programs at the tertiary level
For more information, please visit the Fulbright Finland website.