The Chief Scientist of GRID-Arendal works closely with the Managing Director in leading the organization’s strategic orientation, work programmes, workforce planning and personnel management. In particular, the Chief Scientist oversees the effective application of results-based management in project/programme development. She/he provides leadership to content delivery staff and oversees the timely implementation of planned activities, the sound management of resources, monitoring and evaluating programme performance and fosters internal collaboration and partnerships.
As the principal advisor on science issues, he/she ensures sufficient executive oversight of the quality of science and impact of GRID-Arendal’s projects. The Chief Scientist is a member of GRID-Arendal’s Management Team and reports to the Managing Director. The Chief Scientist will supervise professional staff working in the different programmes.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in a discipline relevant to GRID-Arendal’s goals and programmes.
- Ten years of leadership experience with demonstrated experience leading a high performing, cross-functional, diverse team.
- Advanced experience with impact driven project development in the framework of results-based management.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire others to enable the best outcomes.
- An understanding of the importance of communications in project development and results dissemination.
- Excellent communications skills, including excellent spoken and written English, is required.
- You are skilled and confident and able to work constructively to resolve possible conflict situations.
- Your values fit with GRID-Arendal’s mission, as demonstrated through your work and/or personal efforts to date.
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2018
Read the full job announcement and instructions for applications here.