The focus of the conference is the representation of the cultural landscapes of the Arctic’s urban spaces in the context of humanitarian and geographical urbanistic and symbolic creative technologies, the study of local urban communities and the development of a model of a new type of northern identity in Russian Arctic, but also in all the circumpolar Arctic.
In the conference it is planned to discuss the following themes:
- Modern urban space on extremely cold lands (adaptation, practices, representations)
- Cultural space of the city (tradition, innovation, creativity)
- Cold as opportunity (traditional knowledge and practices, high technologies, design, architecture, tourism promotion)
- Cold in art and literature, languages, concepts, world view, etc.
- Social, environmental and economic challenges of cold cities
Find more information here