This year’s Arctic Circle Assembly will take place from 13th to 15th October in Reykjavík, Iceland and will gather more than 2000 participants from 50 countries including head of states and governments, ministers, scientists, indigenous representatives, students and many others interested in the Arctic.
A few of the topics at this year’s assembly includes:
- Sea ice melt and extreme weather
- Arctic energy and renewable energy for remote communities
- Mineral resources, geology and glaciology
- Fisheries, ecosystems and marine science
- Business cooperation and the role of European and Asian states in the Arctic
Furthermore the assembly will host a variety of performances, exhibitions and programs to present the unique arts and cultural attributes of the Arctic.
For more information and online registration see the Arctic Circle’s website.