This conference will bring together leading Arctic researchers, graduate students, Inuit and Northern community representatives, government, and industry partners and stakeholders from all fields. During the week, Arctic scientists will discuss their research and emerging global challenges and opportunities arising from climate change and modernization in the circum-Arctic.
Proposals should identify at least two co-chairs planning to attend the conference. Session proposals including, and from, early career researchers as co-chairs are encouraged. Session proposals should include an informative title and a brief description. Descriptions should be broad enough to include all interested researchers, regardless of affiliation or research background.
Key areas include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring, modeling, and predicting circumpolar and regional Arctic systems;
- Ocean and atmospheric fluxes through the Arctic;
- Sensitivity and change of cryospheric systems;
- Tracking and predicting socio-economic and cultural change in the Arctic;
- Rapid Arctic transitions and impacts on infrastructure and planning;
- Community adaptation and vulnerability in the Arctic regions;
- Mapping the Arctic Ocean, continental shelves, and margins;
- Arctic marine and terrestrial ecosystem structure, biodiversity, and services;
- Coastal processes and the vulnerability of communities, infrastructures, and resources;
- Assessing, understanding, and monitoring the health of ecosystems and humans in the Arctic;
- Legal, political, security, and navigation issues in opening Arctic waterways;
- Sustainable development and prosperity in the Arctic;
- Adapting new technologies to the advantage of Arctic research and monitoring;
- Arctic data management, access, and integration; and
- From knowledge to decision and policy-making.
For more information about the call for session proposals and to submit a session proposal, go to www.arcticnetmeetings.ca/ac2017/pages/call-for-sessions.php
For more information about the conference, go to www.arcticnetmeetings.ca/ac2017/
Early conference registration deadline: 31 October 2017
For questions, contact Katrine Chalut (firstname.lastname@example.org)