The new north2north participating institutions are Aarhus University, Arctic Technology Centre at Technical University of Denmark, Roskilde University, University of the Faroe Islands, Ilisimatusarfik / University of Greenland, and Department of Environmental and Business Economics at the University of Southern Denmark.
north2north scholarships will be offered for both outbound and for inbound students. According to Danish law, tuition waivers can only be offered if there is a bilateral agreement between the home and host institutions.
- Open to full-time students from north2north member institutions in Denmark, Greenland and Faroe Islands, and students from all UArctic north2north member institutions to study at Danish/Greenlandic/Faroese institutions. Additionally, Intra Kingdom of Denmark mobility would be possible; however, other instruments should preferably be used for that, such as Nordplus.
- The application deadline is March 2, 2015.
- Mobility activities should take place between fall 2015 and spring 2016 semesters.
- Open to students at all levels of higher education (Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD).
- Student mobility activities can vary between one week (field school participation, conference attendance with an accepted paper, etc.) and a full academic year (exchange studies), focused on Arctic-relevant issue.
For more information on the north2north program and to apply, visit www.uarctic.org/north2north.
Additionally, staff and faculty (teacher and researcher) funding will be available for outgoing and incoming staff and faculty.
- Mobility activities should take place in 2015.
- The call is open to all UArctic north2north members' (including focused call within Thematic Networks) staff and faculty exchange from or to Danish, Greenlandic or Faroese north2north members of UArctic.
- Additionally, Intra Kingdom of Denmark mobility would be possible; however, other instruments should preferably be used for that, such as Nordplus.
- The applicant must be employed at a UArctic institution.
- No fixed duration, but minimum five (5) days; teaching, research or networking development, on an Arctic-related topic.
- The applicant is responsible for finding the partner university and arranging the exchange themselves.
- Maximum reimbursement per exchange is 1500€, not usable for daily allowance.
- Those receiving funding are required to send a short narrative report, along with photos, on completion of their mobility activity.
To apply, complete and submit the application form to the north2north coordinator at Danish, Greenlandic, Faroese institution by the deadline (March 2, 2015).