This conference will focus broadly on the living condition of women and men throughout the Circumpolar North, addressing key issues such as access to and control over resources, representation in decision-making positions, political participation, regional development, human security, and material and cultural well-being.
The conference will bring together government representatives, policy makers, academics and a wide range of other stakeholders from the business community, resource managers and users, community leaders and NGO representatives.
The conference will lay the foundation for a cooperation network of the various stakeholders researching, teaching and discussing and promoting gender equality in the Arctic.
Themes and topics will be divided into the following plenaries:
- Gender Equality and the Arctic: Current Realities, Future Challenges
- Political Representation and Participation in Decision-making: Gendered Dimensions
- Regional Socio-Economic Development and its Gendered Impacts
- Climate and Environmental Change, Natural Resource Developement, and Gender
- Human Security: Gendered Aspects
- Human Capital and Gender: Migration, Mobility, Education and Adaptation
- (Re-)Construction of Gender in the Arctic
Sessions will consist of three brief presentations in addition to panelist contributions with questions and answers.
Information concerning confirmed speakers and panelists can be found on the conference page.
Early Bird Registration
Early bird registration of 150 USD for the full program and conference dinner until 5 October 2014.
Further information and online registrations are found at: