UArctic Thematic Network on Global Change in the Arctic (see http://www.uarctic.org/singleArticle.aspx?m=174&amid=405) has been in operation since 2006 with three year funding received from the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Arctic Co-operation Program. The host of the network is Thule Institute at University of Oulu, Finland and there are 32 partners in the network from Nordic countries and along with from Russia, Canada and the USA.
The new curriculum consists of four on-line courses and field course:
• Health, security and well-being in the North (Academic Lead: Dr. Arja Rautio, Centre of Arctic Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland)
• Arctic Economies and Livelihoods (Academic Lead: Dr. Joan Nymand Larsen, Stefansson Arctic Institute, Iceland)
• Institutional Dimensions of Global Change (Academic Lead: Prof. Alf Håkon Hoel, University of Tromsø, Norway)
• Adaptation to Global Change in the Arctic (Academic Lead: Prof. Svein Mathiesen, International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry, Norway).
• Global Change Technology, methodology, and analysis (Academic Lead: Dr. John Moore, Arctic Centre, University of Lapland, Finland)
The on-line courses will be run during the spring 2009 and field course later in the summer. The course deliveries will be informed on UArctic website, so if you are interested in participating some of these courses, please keep your eyes on UArctic website.
Thematic Network on Global Change
Coordinator Kirsi Latola, Thule Institute, University of Oulu
Tel: +358-8-5533565 / +358-40-0274 056
Thematic Network on Global Change new curriculum will be launched in March 2009 at Arctic Science Summit Week
Thu, Dec 18, 2008