The UArctic leadership believes that global research community, the annual UArctic Rectors Forum, and national leaders of the Arctic Council and Observer states and relevant policy- makers in science and education will benefit from Task Force collaboration with leading publishers, research funders, and holders of quantitative data on Arctic research.
The mandate of the Task Force will include the following activities:
- Regularly and collaboratively analyze UArctic members activities, engagements & cooperation
- Identify centres of excellence in the UArctic university network
- Identify and foster international collaborations between various subject-specific Thematic Networks among the member universities
- Serve as an advisory expert body on Arctic data research analytics development
- Liaise with global data and information providers in order to improve the representation and visibility of Arctic research in global indexed research output
- Create and publish subject-specific Analytic Reports for the UArctic network, as well as its individual member universities and interested industry players working in the Arctic Council countries
- Publish and dissiminate knowledge in the form of articles and working papers related to the findings of the Task Force analytic work
- Partner with global publishers and analytic tools providers to provide fact-based insights for the Arctic research community and Arctic Council member and observer states and their policy makers about Arctic education, collaboration, researcher mobility, science & technology trends and collaboration gaps, challenges, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with institutions, funding bodies on creating research projects on Arctic research data mining; including development, in partnership with appropriate third parties, visualization tools and web-portals, benefiting Arctic research and science community.