The company of Biologists make the following financial contributions to support biologists:
- Meeting Grants – for both large and small meetings. We support meetings, workshops and conferences in the fields covered by our journals, around the world.
- Travelling Fellowships – to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers wishing to make collaborative visits to other laboratories. We make contributions of up to £2,500 to offset the cost of travel and other expenses. These have no restriction on nationality.
- Grants to scientific societies – both large and small. Three of the societies we fund (British Society for Developmental Biology, British Society for Cell Biology and the Society for Experimental Biology) use part of our funding to provide travel grants in order to support early career scientists who wish to attend conferences.
We believe in ensuring everyone has the opportunity to share and benefit from scientific discovery. For this reason our journals are included in the HINARI, AGORA and OARE initiatives. These provide free and unrestricted access for the world’s poorest nations to environmental and biomedical literature.
Deadline date for Scientific Meeting Grants:
- 19 December 2016 (Decision beginning February 2017)
- 28 March 2017 (Decision mid May 2017)
- 13 June 2017 (Decision end July 2017)
- 22 August 2017 (Decision beginning October 2017)'
Deadline dates & FAQs:
- 30 November 2016 (for travel after 12 January 2017)
- 28 February 2017 (for travel after 10 April )
- 31 May 2017 (for travel after 10 July)
- 31 August 2017 (for travel after 16 October)
- 30 November 2017 (for travel after 12 January 2018)